After getting injured in an accident due to the negligence of someone else, your next step will be to file a personal injury claim with the insurance company. It is worth noting that by following the rights steps, you can increase the total value of your claim. First, you should hire one of the best Palmdale Lancaster personal injury lawyers, who can evaluate the worth of your case. By providing him with the relevant details of the case, you will be helping him calculate the amount in an accurate manner.
Submitting the relevant documents
To increase the value of your personal injury claim, it is strongly recommended to submit the supporting documents as mentioned below:
- The accident details such as photos, videos and diagrams showing how it actually occurred.
- Written statements of all the parties involved along with the witnesses’ statements.
- Medical reports, details of rehabilitation, therapies and medical bills
- Any correspondence between you and another party or his insurance company
If you want to increase the amount of the compensation, it is suggested to provide as much information to your lawyer as you can. This way, he will be able to prepare a convincing case. You can focus on your health and the attorney will be able to work on your personal injury case.
Track each damage type that can be compensated
Due to the lack of knowledge, people may leave a significant part of their compensation. It is suggested to know about these damages before filing a claim. Some of these damages include:
- Repairable vehicle parts or replacement parts
- Mental health records, showing that you are undergoing pain and suffering including depression and anxiety.
- Financial records including tax and employment to prove that you are suffering from the loss of income
Dealing with the insurance company
If you want to get the maximum compensation for your personal injury claim, you need to ensure that the insurance company is responding fairly and on time. If it does not show any empathy or refuses to pay you, it is a good idea to keep a record of their dealings with you. It can be used against the company when filing a lawsuit.
It is suggested to give the details of your medical condition from time to time to your attorney. Your personal injury attorney will be able to help you build a strong case so that you get what you deserve.